How to Make an Event Checklist
Preparation before the event is important so nothing will go wrong. Make an event checklist and make sure everyone knows their responsibilities.
Whats is a Event Checklist ??
It come in different names depending on what you are doing, people use event sheets, activity lists, assignment list. All it is a layout for organizing events and tasks under different categories.
You need to create this sheet to stay focus the planning and progress of the events.
You first start by drawing a calendar and on the top of it you write all the events or tasks that needs to be done. You then divide each event into different categories such as location, date , people involved, activities/stuff needed and so one.
This allows you to see clearly what’s going on along with the timeline of what is due when. It will also help you prepare for any problems coming up in advance by having every logistics already planned out step by step. the advantage of using checklist is that it helps us remember things we might otherwise forget
Why is a Event Checklist Important ?
This is one of those things that some people neglect, which can result in last-minute stress. Last minute preparation can be nasty on you since you will have very little time to do your task.
You want to make sure that all your tasks are set out clearly and concisely on paper or online on some sort of calendar. Make sure the events tasks are prioritized by importance , this way if the unexpected happens you know what’s more important among all of them rather than having everything look important.
Having an event checklist also allows for flexibility of getting additional help when needed, thus creating a better chance of reaching its goal or objective. You can ask people around or reach out to service providers who can aid with certain parts of the event not being able to finish doing it yourself. Without an event checklist, these types of things might.
Our 12 Step Event Checklist Guide
- Write the name of your event at the top of the page. Below that, include all relevant details and information regarding it, such as a date and location, as well as a time. Also include your budget for each element, we have an article here on how to set your budget for an event.
- It is important to include what you need in terms of resources and tools for this event. This include location and time along with people in charge and so on. Sometimes it helps to get all the ideas in your head and learn how to plan the event backwards.
- You can also add what will be needed in order to make this happen such as transportation, space etc.
- The checklist is organised into various categories such as date, tasks to complete, and due/time constraints.
- You can use this feature to establish a timetable that distributes the required amount of time for each activity or job. You may then determine whether there are any overlaps or spare hours. With this capability, you may see things that are due at the same time and have the option of rescheduling or ensuring that everything is done correctly.
- This can assist you avoid having your project fail because of a little mistake such as failing to book a vehicle for the event once the venue has been chosen.
- It’s time to figure out how much time each stage takes and establish reasonable timeframes for each step/operation.
- You may also add a brief note under each activity, telling the reader what to do and how much time it will take. This will be crucial when you create your timetable and begin executing it – keep in mind that people’s pace, as well as factors like availability of facilities, may influence their performance.
- Your checklist is now completed. To put it to use, simply look down and see what’s still left to do and what may wait.
- Set aside at least an hour every week or two weeks to check on your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your event planning.
- Don’t forget to allow enough time for preparation, such as decorating and audio visual setup, when you finalize your event.
- After you’ve completed your checklist, don’t forget to include a final schedule or list of what’s going on during the event so that everyone may have a copy in advance. This will prevent you from being caught off guard by any scheduling difficulties.
If you want to learn how to be a successful event planner there is a very good article covering the subject. We hope the tips we have given you will help you be organised for the event planning.